Thursday, June 16, 2011

What is lost will be reflected back whole again

A blood-red moon.

A beautiful phenomena that occurs so rarely when Earth casts off the blue spectrum of the Sun's rays into infinite space, leaving behind the red ones left to travel towards the moon and reflect back to us. This occurrence is the third one in ten years, and combined with the recent volcanic ash activity, we are gifted a rich blood-red stained moon.

Many cultures view it as a bad omen. Me, I see it more as a reflection of life, something that haunts me... colors that belonged as part of the same rays are separated by an obstacle too big to avoid... one part is infinitely lost, leaving the lone survivor to traverse on and reflect in anguish.

There are so many good things happening to me now. Yet I feel incredibly isolated whilst surrounded by people who love and care about me. I prefer solitude, perhaps in acknowledgement that what makes me whole has been lost to an eternity of endlessness. I am that lone survivor reflecting in anguish.

But a small part of me... a teeny tiny part of me hopes... like anything that was one part of a whole knows... A sense that what is lost... isn't.... It is out there waiting to return. As destined it was one once, what is lost will be reflected back whole again.

No comments: