Saturday, August 6, 2011

Don't look back





What's your road?

Sometimes I feel like we're nothing but passengers in this thing called life, powerless to do anything as it drags us along in its drudgery and senseless nightmare road. We crane our heads back, searching... searching for? Old memories or what it could have been?

Then quickly, I dispel this thought. We make our own paths. It may not seem so, but in small subtle ways we push and pull as we navigate through the madness of our lives. Yes, we forge our own roads when we stop craning back, looking and living in the past.

I shot this photo while returning home from an exhibition. As I turned out of the carpark, I noticed a group of four trishaw men. I could have eased out in front of them, but I didn't. Why? I don't know. But because I let them pass, I was able to take this photo when the opportunity presented itself to me at the traffic lights. The uncle on the right kept looking back, and in doing so he missed the lights turning green and his three companions stormed on ahead. He had to rush after them.

See, when we spend too much time looking back, we miss being present. We miss out on what's ahead.

Don't look back.

1 comment:

Bleufinns said...

Lovely picture. Let's not look back.