Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fitful dreams...

Too many coincidences.
Just last night, I dreamt of a conversation I had with a friend a year ago about his Dad.

"Do you miss him?"
"Yes."
"Even though you had an acrimonious relationship with him?"
"Well, it's not that I can't live without him. And, it's not that I needed him whilst he lived......
.... but I miss him....
.... every day. Every day I think about him.
Every day."
"Ah. You remember. It's a positive thing yes?"
"Yes. To remember him. Yes, that his memory lives on in me each day. Good and bad.
We are all everlasting to the day that someone forgets."

I woke up to a tear drenched pillow. And because it reminded me of my favorite poem by Dorothea Grossman I cast it aside as something from being emo these past few days.

And then this evening, as I berated a friend for not informing me of some cool gig playing, I was told that his friend's Dad passed away... I couldn't help but think back to the dream.

... how fleeting life is....
And how we are only but a sum of our moments, which surely and unmercifully fades with time...

No comments: